I've been to three different safe shops in the last two days. I've got it down to the following in basic paint colorations:
- AmSec BF 6636 – $6200 installed.
- Fort Knox Protector 6637 – $5200 installed.
- Fort Knox Executive 6637 – $5900 installed.
- Liberty National Security Classic Plus 40 (66×36 sized) – $5500 installed.
All with electronic locks, power, lights, dehumidifier, jewelry box, door organizer, corner bolts on the Fort Knox, and handle on the AmSec and Fort Knox.
Budget is $5-6k and the AmSec is kind of over budget.
They all have their individual pluses and minuses such as:
- + Fort Knox tests at much higher fire temperature (lasts longer too), has a S&G electronic lock, corner bolts.
- – Fort Knox doesn't list internal volume, warranty requires you to ship the safe back to them after an incident.
- + Liberty has much better warranty than others (free shipping, free opening, free replacement, transferable), uses locking plates instead of bars, great interior setup but not fully carpeted (under shelves).
- – Liberty uses a SecuRam electronic lock – never heard of them.
- + AmSec's BF uses the DryLight fire protection and has 1/2" plate steel door.
- – AmSec is most expensive.
I've been told by all three salesmen that I'll be happy with any of the three companies. Leaning more towards Liberty because of their excellent warranty and better overall shopping experience (large showroom with all models on display).
How did you decide on what to get? Thoughts? Threats would be fire and break-in.
submitted by /u/Gbcue