Does anyone have any idea what this is? I assume it is some sort of locksmith tool- thumbwheel with adjustable chuck : Locksmith

We have one of those, master has padlocks with universal pins (they have serration lines pre cut into them) so you can take a customers existing key with the new lock and place it into that tool, then as you tighten the nut on the base it’s pushing the cylinder into the padlock body and shearing off the pins to suit. They are handy if you have someone who already has a bunch of keyed alike master locks with the same profile that these come in and they want to get more. We call it ‘crunching’ I don’t believe that’s the technical term but it does make a crunch sound when you do it

Source link

Call Now ButtonCall Now!