Laminated steel body vs hardened steel body

Hi everyone,

I hope this is the right place to ask, if not please delete. I just built a shed and to secure it I’ll be using some padlocks. I’ve been looking at the Stanley S828-145 CD8820 and S828-228 CD8823 as they are reasonably priced and reviews online and youtube have been good. However I can’t seem to find anywhere that compares the two. The biggest difference is one is a laminated steel body lock and the other is a hardened steel body (both are shrouded). So my question is, which type is stronger?


Source link

Can’t identify/source replacement for security door mortise lock body : Locksmith

I was able to remove the drilled cylinders from my last post ( ), thank you for the suggestions, they were very helpful.

The entire lock body is aged/destroyed and now needs to be replaced. I have spent at least five hours trying to search for a replacement, but can’t find one with the exact same measurements.

They are ALMOST exactly the same as this Marks mortise lock:×420/products/2406/12374/MARKS_ORNAMENT_IRON_DIMENSION_copy__22423.1551724762.jpg?c=2

The only difference is the position of the cylinder. In the above diagram, the distance from the top of the faceplate to the center of the cylinder is listed as 1-7/8″, while mine is 1.5″.

I am at my wit’s end trying to find a replacement. I have found many possibilities that have a 2.5″ backset and a 7-1/8″ faceplate height, but the cylinder position is either too low, like the Marks set, or much more commonly, that measurement is unlisted in the diagram.

Here is a picture of the lock body:

I couldn’t find any identifying brand marks on it, or the iron gate-type door. They were probably installed when the house was originally built in the early 70’s, in Denver, Colorado.

Any help identifying the model, a potential replacement, or a place to look for one, would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Source link

I’m looking for a add on for a standard lock body that allows access control systems to actuate the lock.

The idea is that I want an device that will allow me to take a Bowley lock, or any standard deadbolt and add access control to it. The external deadbolt lock should still work, but the device should detect that it has been opened and automatically re lock the door after a certain amount of time. This is more to make sure that a house door is locked in case you forget and to enable access to guests that show up for any reason. NOTE I'm not looking for a system that will connect to a mobile device, I'm looking for a system that will work with a commercial access control system, hardwired and connected to something like Ubiquiti Networks's upcoming access control devices. I'm not compromising security for the convenience. I am finding electronic deadbolts that go inside the door, but don't fit a standard deadbolt profile, why i need something external, to retrofit a door rather then replace it. Are there any such devices?

submitted by /u/Darth62969

Source link

Call Now ButtonCall Now!