My friend is locked inside her flat, landlord isn’t answering calls. Any ideas of what to do would be really appreciated! Apparently it’s just completely stuck, she can’t move the handle bit or the latch thing (technical terms I’m sure!) : Locksmith

Common fault with these. If the snib (small button-like thing) won’t move, there’s nothing she can do except call a locksmith. They will drill from the outside, release and replace. If it’s ground floor, they should try to climb through a window and do it from inside as it will save the cylinder.

You friend should take a video that shows it’s jammed and screenshot her phone’s call log to prove that she attempted to contact the landlord.

Expect to pay a total of £150-£200 or so to have this done tonight. It should all be recoverable from the landlord but if you have trouble with that, post on r/legaladviceuk

Make sure you get a full price over the phone from the locksmith and follow the advice in the sidebar to see how to find a good one. Easy to quote this from photos so don’t put up with any nonsense from people that tell you they have to wait until they are on site.

(I’ve assumed UK, judging by the your lock)

Source link

Can anyone tell me when this was made? Going to be a gift for a locksmith friend.. would like some info on it : Locksmith

It’s a number 77. Production range from 1945-1993, 1996. Or at least that’s what a little bit of Internet research says. Take it with a grain.

It’s cool that you have the keys for it

you might be able to narrow down the date range a little bit more if you were able to find out when Master Lock started putting key codes on their locks/keys..

The design on the head of the key may tell you more as well.. I’d try to find an old guy at your local locksmith shop..

Source link

Call Now ButtonCall Now!